TERMS OF HIRE.
- Minimum rental period is 4 hours
- You may be asked for a dvla check code found here – https://www.gov.uk/view-driving-licence
- You will need to bring your drivers licence and at least one other form of id/proof of address such as; a utility bill.
- 250 miles allowed per day free of charge
- Unlimited mileage for hires of 4 days or more
- There is a charge for every additional mile travelled over 250 miles per day.
EU and International Drivers
EU licence holders not residing in the UK must bring a domestic driving licence and either a passport or ID card.
EU licence holders who are residents in the UK must bring with them a domestic licence, passport or ID card and proof of UK address. This can be two bills or one bill and another form of photographic identification, preferably a passport. We also accept utility bills and bank or credit card statements that have been issued in the last three months.
Drivers from outside the EU must possess a valid domestic driving licence. A passport must also accompany a domestic driving licence.
Excess waiver (outwith Dumbarton hires)
There is an insurance excess of £1,000 on your vehicle, which can be reduced to zero by paying an excess waiver of £14 per day. You can opt out of this, but if you do and the vehicle is damaged, the full amount of £1,000 must be paid.
Excess waiver (Dumbarton hires only)
There is an insurance excess of £1,000 on your vehicle, which can be reduced to £250 by paying an excess waiver of £10 per day. You can opt out of this, but if you do and the vehicle is damaged, the full amount of £1,000 must be paid.
All our rental vehicles run on either unleaded or diesel fuel. All vehicles will be supplied with a full tank of fuel. It is the customer’s responsibility to refill the vehicle at the end of the rental period. Fuel charges or fuel shortage will be charged at current pump prices plus a refilling surcharge.
Airport security charge
Due to increased security measures at airports a charge of £10 will be required for all reservations using the airport shuttle bus. This can be added during the booking process or can be paid in branch upon arrival.
Due to busy periods and vehicle availability we cannot guarantee a specific model of car. To avoid disappointment vehicles should be booked in advance. Every effort is made to comply with requirements we cannot guarantee a specific model. Hire drive scotland reserves the right to refuse rental and to amend terms and conditions without notice.
One way drop off service
One-way car & van rental is available but this will incur an additional charge. This one-way car or van rental charge will be added to your total cost at time of booking. This service does not apply to hires from Dumbarton.
Payment can be made either prior to your booking or upon arrival. All included fee’s will be explained to you before you confirm your hire, if you require further information on these charges please contact us at our “contact us page”. You may be liable for an administration fee if you extend your vehicle hire and don’t pay on time.
Our insurance covers
- Full repairs to the rental vehicle in the event of a road traffic accident (excluding excess).
- Unlimited third-party liability (including passengers in the hired vehicle).
- Cover would default if the necessary security precautions were not implemented i.e. if the keys were left in the ignition or the radio front was left in the vehicle.
- Theft of your vehicle and its accessories (excluding excess).
- The standard excess for all cars is £1,000.
- We reserve the right to increase the excess with each incident.
Our insurance does not cover
- Theft of property within the vehicle.
- Driver of the hired vehicle’s personal injury or loss of life, their own insurance would have to cover this.
- Vehicles that will be used for Hire and Reward.
Our excess waiver does not cover
- Lost or damaged keys or damage to the interior of the vehicle
- Damage to the vehicle caused by hitting low level objects such as bridges or low branches, or damage caused by failure to pay due care and attention to potential hazards on the road such as deep water or debris.
- Costs following a road traffic accident where our vehicle has to be recovered from an off-road location and there is no third party involved. Customers will also be responsible for any costs incurred by putting the wrong type of fuel in the vehicle.
- We are unable to guarantee a specific model of vehicle prior to your hire, We can advise what size / type of car you will receive.